Your privacy is very important to us at T!Write. T!Write is part of BV T!dee, Vaartstraat 78, 9270 Laarne, Belgium with the following Crossroad Bank number CBE 0543 494 958. Hereinafter T!Write might be referred to as “we” and/or “us”. To better protect your privacy, we provide this Privacy Notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and processed. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
We strongly urge you read this notice and make sure you fully understand and agree with it before you access or use any of our services. If you do not read, fully understand, and agree to this Privacy Statement, you must immediately leave this application or service, and avoid or discontinue all use of any of our services.
- General terms
This privacy statement informs you about how T!Write collects and manages personal data. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to provide you with clear explanation of when, why, and how we collect and process your personal data and it explains your statutory rights. This Privacy Notice is not intended to override the terms of any contract you have with us, nor any rights you might have under applicable data privacy laws.
We strongly urge you to read this policy and make sure you fully understand our practices in relation to your personal data, before you access or use any of our services. If you read and fully understand this Privacy Notice, but remain opposed to our practices, you must immediately leave this application, or service, and avoid or discontinue all use of any of our services. Where you have read this policy but would like further clarification, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What information do we collect and how do we collect it?
All personal information related to the services or professional interactions with T!Write, i.e. your e-mail address or phone number is gathered either manually through face to face interactions or phone calls or online via e-mail or online platforms like i.e. Linkedin. T!Write does not buy personal data from third parties.
- Why do we collect such information?
In the following paragraphs, you can read about the purposes of collecting personal data and the applicable legal grounds.
- Providing our services: First, it will be necessary for us to process certain personal data such as your identification data, in order to validate your subscription, to process your payment and to provide the services to which you subscribed, as well as customer support. This is therefore necessary for the conclusion and performance of our contract with you. For example, we may use the information collected from you to verify your identity. We may also use this information to establish and set up your account, verify or re-issue a password, log your activity and contact you from time to time. The information helps us improve our services to you. In addition, this information helps us track any fraudulent activities and other inappropriate activities and monitor content integrity. If you are subscribing on behalf of an organisation, we have a legitimate interest in processing your data as contact details for the conclusion and performance of the contract.
- Customer management: In order to provide optimal (future)customer experience, we process personal data such as name, address, e-mail address, phone number, profession, and organization for the purpose of customer management. We carry out this processing based on our legitimate interest in knowing our (potential) customer and maintaining our relationship with you, with a view to providing a stellar (potential) customer experience. By manually creating these profiles, T!Write can also provide you with much more focused and useful information.
- Compliance: To maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
- Product development and improvement: We thrive to ongoingly improve our services in order to make them fit our customers’ needs. For this reason, and based on our legitimate interest in doing so, we process personal data such as name, e-mail address, profession and organization and draw insights in relation to possible improvements and statistical purposes.
- Job applicants: to consider Applicants’ candidacy for working at T!Write or as a consultant (as further detailed in section 7 below).
Should you ever deactivate your account with us, we will keep your information on file, but only use it to comply with regulatory requirements and to contact you occasionally with the option to reactivate your account.
We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose not mentioned or other than those set out needing consent in this Policy.
- Protecting your privacy
We will only use your personal data for the purposes set out in Section 3 where we are satisfied that:
- our use of your Personal data is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to get a contract with you (e.g. to provide you with our customer assistance and technical support), or
- our use of your Personal data is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have, or
- our use of your Personal data is necessary to support legitimate interests that we have as a business, provided it is conducted at all times in a way that is proportionate, and that respects your privacy rights
We may retain your data as long as necessary to provide our products and services, and beyond such time to the extent legally permitted and based on our legal obligations (e.g. in relation to invoice retention) or legitimate interests (e.g. in retaining data for the purposes of responding to possible disputes or complaints or for possible reactivation of subscriptions).
We maintain a data retention policy which we apply to information in our care. Where your data is no longer required or in case the data subject uses the right to object we will ensure it is either securely deleted or anonymized.
- Where do we store your information?
The personal data collected by us will not be transferred for any other purposes except those mentioned under section 3 above (purpose of processing and legal grounds). Note that we will never sell your personal data to a third party.
In the event of transfer of personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area, T!Write systematically ensures the application of an adequate level of protection of such personal data by means approved by applicable data protection legislation.
Where T!Write is legally required to make guarantees with non-European processors you can request a copy of these guarantees by sending an e-mail to the following e-mail address email@example.com.
- T!Write job applications
T!Write welcomes all qualified Applicants to apply to any of the open positions published by sending us their contact details and CV (“Applicants Information”) by email or post.
We understand that privacy and discreetness are crucial to our Applicants and are committed to keep Applicants Information private and use it solely for T!Write’s internal recruitment purposes (including for identifying Applicants, evaluating their applications, making hiring and employment decisions, and contacting Applicants by phone or in writing).
Please note that T!Write may retain Applicants Information submitted to it for no longer than five year after the applied position has been filled or closed. This is done so we could reconsider Applicants for other positions and opportunities at T!Write; so we could use their Applicants Information as reference for future applications submitted by them; and in case the Applicant is hired, for additional employment and business purposes related to his/her work at T!Write.
If you previously submitted your Applicants Information to T!Write, and now wish to access it, update it or have it deleted from T!Write’s systems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share personal data with third parties
Personal data are only processed for internal purposes, except in exceptional cases, namely when T!Write is obliged to do so based on a statutory provision or a decision of the court or supervisory authority, or if this is necessary in the interests of the prevention, or prosecution of criminal offenses (such as fraud or deception).
T!Write employees who process your data internally only have access to your personal data to the extent that this is necessary to perform their duties. All employees are also informed about the limitations of the processing of your personal data.
T!Write may share your Personal data with third parties (or otherwise allow them access to it) only in the following manners and instances:
T!Write has partnered with a couple of selected service providers, whose services and solutions complement, facilitate and enhance our own. These include data and cyber security services, billing and payment processing services, and our legal and financial advisors (collectively, “Third Party Service(s)”).
Such Third Party Services may receive or otherwise have access to Customers’ Personal data, in its entirety or in part – depending on each of their particular roles and purposes in facilitating and enhancing our Services and business, and may only use it for such purposes.
Note that while our Services may contain links to other websites or services, we are not responsible for such websites’ or services’ privacy practices and encourage you to be aware when you leave our Services and read the privacy statements of each and every website and service you visit before providing your Personal data.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to such linked thirdparty websites and services.
- Law Enforcement, Legal Requests and Duties
Where permitted by local data protection laws, T!Write may disclose or otherwise allow others access to your Personal data pursuant to a legal request, such as a subpoena, legal proceedings, search warrant or court order, or in compliance with applicable laws, if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so, with or without notice to you.
If warranted, we may also allow access to this information in special emergencies where physical safety is at risk. We reserve the right to disclose any personal data or other information obtained from or about you, to third parties in connection with a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or sale of all or substantially all of our assets, to the extent that this is necessary for the process.
- Your rights in relation to your Personal data
- Subject to certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, where you reside within the European Union (EU), you have the following rights in this paragraph:
- to request that we provide you with a copy of your Personal data that we hold and you have the right to be informed of; (a) the source of your Personal data; (b) the purposes, legal basis and methods of processing; (c) the data controller’s identity; and (d) the entities or categories of entity to whom your Personal data may be transferred;
- to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- to request that we cease processing your Personal data, in whole or in part, as you direct us, for any purpose, save to the extent it is lawful to do so without consent.
- to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal data where: (a) the accuracy of the Personal data is contested; (b) the processing is unlawful but you object to the erasure of the Personal data; (c) we no longer require the Personal data for the purposes for which it was collected, but it is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim;
- to request that we erase your Personal data in limited circumstances where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose(s) for which it was collected or processed;
- to challenge processing which we have justified based on legitimate interest;
- to request that we correct any errors in your Personal data;
- to request that we update your Personal data as required;
- to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection.
- We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the Personal data requested to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- 10.Commitment to data security
In order to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- 11.Contact information
For EU Member State residents, you also have a right to lodge a complaint with your national data protection supervisory authority at any time. However, we encourage you to first contact us.
- 12.Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may update and change this privacy statement from time to time, as we may find necessary and as our services evolve and grow. While we will do our best to bring updates to your attention, it is your responsibility to keep track of such updates. Your continuing use of this site constitutes an acknowledgement of any changes in this privacy statement.